Drunk Noodles: Pad Kee Mao
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 Thai chilis (omit if you prefer not-spicy)
- 10-12 shrimp, uncooked and removed from their shells (thawed if previously frozen)
OR pork, chicken, beef, tofu!
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet dark soy sauce OR regular soy sauce mixed with ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped OR substitute with 1½ teaspoon finely chopped lime zest (it’s even better if you do half lemon and half lime zest)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 8 ounces dry rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
- Prepare rice noodles by following the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan over medium high heat, heat the oil and fry garlic for 1 minute, or until golden.
- Add shrimp and toss for approx 2-3 minutes, until almost cooked – then add egg and stir for a couple seconds until egg starts to set.
- Add chili, lime leaves, tomatoes fish sauce and dark soy sauce and stir for a minute or so until the tomato is cooked and sauce is bubbling.
- Add the rice noodles and toss until noodles are hot, evenly coated and ingredients are mixed well.
- Turn off the heat and add basil. Toss and serve immediately.
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: