La(s) nota(s) fácil(es)
Find the original here
1. In one bowl, place the chicken strips, and then in a separate bowl, mix the flour, spices (or experiment with your own spice blend), powders, and salt.
2. Pour the mix over the chicken, and then get your hands dirty rubbing the mix on the chicken strips until fully coated.
3. In another bowl, stir together the egg yolk and lime/lemon juice, and then add the ice cubes (when the mix is cold, it will end up crispier).
4. In a third bowl, pour the cup of panko flakes.
5. Then in your ‘wet kitchen’, pour the oil into the wok, and heat on high. The oil should be ready after a few minutes, but you can check by sticking the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil, and if bubbles form around it, the oil is ready. When ready, turn the flame down to medium-low (Safety note: Never heat oil unattended. And to prevent a fire, please understand the concepts of the smoke point and flash point of cooking oil)
6. Take two chicken strips at a time and first soak in the egg mixture, and then roll into the panko flakes until fully coated. Place chicken strips immediately into oil and fry for a few minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove the chicken and place on a tray lined with paper towel.
Try chicken katsu with a bowl of Japanese udon noodles.