Roasted Tomato, Mushroom and Garlic Sauce
Author: Silvia Ribas
Recipe type: Sauces, Dinner, Planned Meals, Vegetables
- 6-8 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and place them on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with oil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice off the end of a garlic head (root side) and place the whole head in a small glass bowl. Sprinkle with oil and place the glass bowl on the cookie sheet with the tomatoes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven. Remove the garlic cloves from the peel using the teeth of a fork. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron or saucepan and add the roasted garlic and tomatoes. Add the mushroom sliced in half and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add fresh basil and parmesan cheese (if desired). Serve hot and store remaining sauce in an air tight jar or glass bowl with a tight lid. Keep refrigerated.
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: