Roasted Tomato Soup
Find the original here
by DASSANA on SEPTEMBER 5, 2012
VEG RECIPES of India
- 5-6 large ripe and red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup warm water
- salt & sugar as required
- rinse the tomatoes in water.
- now slice the tomatoes and place them in a baking tray.
- add chopped garlic also in the tray.
- drizzle the olive oil on the tomatoes.
- roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till the tomatoes have shrunk in size & get browned.
- now let the roasted tomatoes become warm.
- in a blender, add the tomatoes, garlic and all the juices from the tray.
- add some crushed black pepper, salt and sugar to the blender.
- add warm water and blend to a smooth puree.
- remove in a bowl.
- garnish with mint or cilantro or cheese or cream.
- serve warm or cold.
the addition of warm water is optional. if the tomatoes are juicy, then you don’t need to add any warm water.
again adding sugar depend on the sweetness of tomatoes. if the tomatoes are sweet, then you don’t need to add any sugar.
the recipe can be doubled or tripled.